GPS Technology in Soccer is a vendor neutral must have CEU opportunity for anyone working with high performance athletes in soccer. This course is an introduction for beginner to mid-level practitioners providing exposure to many facets of utilizing GPS technologies in various areas of athletic training, athlete development, load monitoring, injury prevention while building an understanding of the variables that provide objective insight for the Athletic Training profession ( applicable to numerous sports).
BOC Approved for 1.5 credit hours with a passing assessment i.e. 70% grade. A printable digital certificate is awarded upon completion. It includes a credential tracking number. We suggest adding your certificate and tracking number to your resume.
This Video Based Course
Imagine bringing together six (6) of Major League Soccer's high performance experts in an intimate online course where they share essential know-how to give you the confidence and knowledge to implement GPS technology in your programs. Meet the teammates behind the most visible and dominating players in US professional soccer.
Your existing training programs or athlete development plans need data collection methods and processes that work. You don't need to be an expert but you need a basic foundation to build on your skills. A free preview and introduction is available narrated by US Men's National Soccer Team, Head Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC), Ron Shinault.
What You Will Learn About
- Summarize the basic variables and impact they have to monitoring of loads and objective evaluation of training/games.
- Explain the basic procedures, process and components of using GPS technology in sport.
- Interpret the importance of what and where to apply the data inferences and design of rehab, training programs and in preparation for game days.
- Apply the trends, inferences and evaluation of variables, metrics of monitoring, analytical theory and the application of the data within the athletic training profession and for athlete development.
- Explain best practices for reporting and integration within a high performance team of professionals, and with elite athletes and professional player associations.
- Summarize how to utilize GPS technology monitoring systems and data into a larger Athlete Data Management and sports performance ecosystem.
Who Developed The Course
Tanya Porter, CSTP; International Sports Technology Association [ISTA]
Amazing Expert Interviews Provided by: Professional Soccer Athletic Trainers' Society [PSATS]
- Ron Shinault, ATC – USA National Soccer Team
- Baker Cronin, ATC – MLS San Jose Earthquakes
- Brian Goodstein, ATC – MLS DC United FC
- Stacey Hardin, ATC – MLS Minnesota United FC
- Miguel Motolongo, ATC – MLS LA FC
- Skylar Richards, ATC – MLS Orlando FC
- Russell Steves, ATC – MLS New York Red Bulls
Why This Course Is Important
“PSATS serves to encourage and promote the consistent application of the most advanced knowledge and techniques in the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries in professional soccer players. We seek to foster education and provide our members with current ideas, techniques and scientific data relating to these athletic training pillars. This GPS Technology course represents our determination to enhance the understanding of one of the most prevalent pieces of performance technology in our sport.”
Sean Kupiec, President, PSATS / MLS' Los Angeles FC, Head ATC
Tanya is the lead course developer and is responsible for all of the ISTA's Professional Sports Technology Institute's (PSTI) educational activities. Tanya is a proven high performance expert with over 30 yrs of sports performance roles working with athlete development, sports performance data and sport technologies. She is also a Co-Founder & Board Member at the Institute's parent organization, the International Sports Technology Association (ISTA).
Frequently Asked Questions
The GPS course is an entry to mid-level course to give confidence and provide insight into best practice for the implementation of GPS technologies by certified athletic trainers.
Learn from respected high performance directors and Major League Soccer ATCs who share their insights to help you safely apply GPS technologies to improve athlete performance measurement and monitoring.